Friday 5 June 2015

A Belated NARS Haul

If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I recently took a trip to Las Vegas. As well as spending far too much in Sephora, I also ventured into the NARS store. Big mistake. I had myself a little makeover and ended up spending $120.. Well, when in Rome and all that (or Vegas in this case).



I only went in for a foundation, I wanted to try something high end, that wasn't MAC. I ended up purchasing the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in the shade Gobi (which let me tell you, is about as pale as it gets - get me on that sunbed), the Soft Velvet Loose Powder in Beach and the Audacious Lipstick in Olivia. 


When she used this on me in store, I loved it. But she's a make-up artist and I'm a girl who can't even draw her eyebrows on right. I hate it, in fact, I've given it to my sister now. I'm gutted because there was such a hype around it. It doesn't matter how much I exfoliate or take care of my skin, it sticks to every single dry area, the coverage is awful and I just can't get on with it. I also think it makes me look ill, even with a darker powder on top. Sorry NARS, I won't be using this anymore.


Again, the coverage on the loose powder isn't great. I don't like to use too much in case it makes me look a little 'cakey'. I like this more than I like Sheer Glow but again, it's not something I use every day. I'll use it every now and again to mix things up a little. The colour is more me which is good, but I also don't think it lasts all day, I can see a bit of shine coming through after a couple of hours. 


And so we come to lipstick, which I adore. Everyone knows you need at least 184 red lipsticks in your collection. Can I just say, the packaging on this in amazing. Its so sleek and magnetic, yeah, you heard, it's magnetic. I also love the little 'NARS' imprint on the actual lipstick itself. With a lip balm underneath, this glides on like silk. You need a good lip liner as it does bleed after a couple of hours and I do find myself having to re-apply (but I do that with every lipstick). This is one of my firm 'night-out' lipsticks and I'll definitely be re-purchasing when it runs out.

So I didn't love everything I brought, but you live and learn and I now know that just because it's more expensive, it doesn't make the quality any better. 

Have you used any of these products?

- Charli, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)