Wednesday 16 July 2014

Empties // Haircare



I finally have enough empty products to do my first ever 'empties' post! Whilst I was going through all the bottles, I realised the majority were haircare. So I decided to group them together and do a haircare related empties. 



First off, I have two TRESemme products, which is unlike me because I don't like to shell out on this brand! However, the Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo I received in a beauty box and the Salon Finish Hairspray I picked up in an emergency. I was pleasantly surprised by both products. I can never usually use dry shampoo, it just doesn't work for me, but I took this to Download and it kept my hair looking as clean as it could look over the weekend. I also love the hairspray and usually find it difficult to find a hairspray that will tame the mane but this does it just fine! Next on my list are my Avon products. If you didn't know already, I work for Avon. So I like to test out their products and these two caught my eye. I purchased the Strand Strength De-tangling Spray because I don't brush my hair (away with your judging eyes) and when I do eventually brush it after washing it, it's like World War 3. Unfortunately, this product doesn't really work. Boohoo. The Protect Heat Protection Spray is another let down. I won't be buying either of these again. 

I received the two sample sized Beauty Protector products in a Birchbox and I was too excited to try these as I love the brand. However, the Protect and Shampoo and Protect and Condition were both pants. I hate shampoos that don't lather up and this was one of them! Nope, nope, nope. I also noticed no difference to my hair whatsoever.

Finally we have two products that I want to give a big mention to. I received both of these in my first Love Me Beauty box and fell straight in love with them. The Neal & Wolf Daily Cleansing Shampoo is one of those 'no-lather' shampoos and even though I JUST said I hated them, this is the exception. I hated how it made my hair feel in the shower but once I was out and was drying my hair, it was a different story. My hair was shining. Literally shining. I will be re-purchasing this once I can afford the £12! Last but not least, we have the REDKEN Colour Extend Conditioner. I had ombre hair at the beginning of the year and when I decided I wanted to get rid and dyed it all over, the ends still kept getting lighter. So I started using this on the ends of my hair and months on, I may have roots the length of misery but the ends of my hair are pretty much the same colour! No more ombre! Such a good conditioner!

So there you have it, my first ever empties post - all related to hair care. I didn't think I used that many hair products, I guess I was wrong! 

Have you used any of these products?
What did you think?

- Charli, xo

2 comments:

  1. I loved it! You really did have a lot of hair care products :p

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :P I didn't even think I used that much stuff on my hair!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)