Tuesday 22 October 2013

harmony moisturising smoothie serum.

I received this item in my October Glossybox, which I have to say, was sooo disappointing. So much so, I'm tempted to convert to Birchbox. Come on Glossybox, what are you playing at?!
Anyhoo, if I'm honest, I'm not a skin product person. I'd like to be.. I just don't know what/where/when/how/why or anything about skin products. So I thought I'd give this a go.
 
What Premae say;

Premae is the world's first allergen-free brand, meaning that anything they produce is more than kind to skin. This Serum is the ultimate skin saviour for combination skin: blended with grape seed, the unique formula helps to soothe redness and hydrate the skin before moisturising, whilst keeping it matt and shine free.
 
 
I trailed this product twice a day for a week, in the evening I used it before applying my Simple night moisturiser. Two pumps is a more than adequate amount. I read that it reduces shine and absorbs quickly, I disagree with both of those statements as I felt it made me more shiny, it did actually make my face feel really greasy in the evening and I also think it takes a loooong time to sink into your skin. On the other hand, when I put my make-up on in a morning after using it, I did feel that it made my foundation look more matt, which I love (I hate being shiny!).
 
It definitely hydrates your skin, maybe a little too much for my liking as it doesn't take my skin a lot to feel oily. I do agree that it reduces redness, I always have red blotches on my cheek areas and after the week I noticed a small improvement. I do need to point out that it doesn't smell particularly nice, it's quite a strong smell that I can't quite put my finger on, it's been bugging me!
 
At €27 for 50ml, a 20ml sample is pretty good going. Unfortunately I don't think I'll continue to use this product, for the pure fact it makes my skin a bit too oily, although I do recommened it as a primer and may occasionally pop it on before my foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)