If you read my Pressure post from a few days ago, you'll know I haven't been feeling great. As I mentioned in that little rant, I try to steer away from negativity on my little Internet space. Therefore, I have decided to give myself a little motivation, a little way of giving me 'something to live for'. You cannot live a positive life, with a negative mind. I live life a hell of a lot better, when I have something to aim for. I've been wanting to do a post like this for ages and when I read this post by A Little Boat Sailing, I knew it was time. They're not massive life changing goals, just little things to work towards and I know having short term goals is a helpful, motivating thing to have.
1) I'd like to save £1000, if not more, in the next three months. This is a challenge because of Christmas, but that makes it all that more fun, right? I have to save £7000 - £10,000 for a bigger house and that is extremely intimidating. If I can get over the first thousand barrier then I know I will feel so much better about the situation.
2) Go home once a week. This is a big one for me, I mentioned in my Pressure post how much I'm missing home, so I've given myself the challenge to go home one evening a week, or on a Sunday. I miss family time so much and I'm interested to see whether I will manage it. I'll be starting this week.
3) Spring clean. In the New Year, I'd like to take a few days off work to completely blitz my house, maybe give it a lick of fresh paint, a few new bits and bobs. Adding onto this goal, I'd also like to keep the house tidy. I'm quite messy (and extremely lazy) and go days without doing any housework. This will be the start of me tackling my laziness.
4) A job in the field I want to be in. This isn't going to happen in the next three months, not with Christmas and then Vegas. But if I can start actively looking and applying for positions I'm interested, I think I'll feel a lot happier about where my career is heading. My job is one of my main stresses at the moment and whilst I love the people I work with, it's time for me to move on, otherwise why did I waste two horrendous years at University.
5) My last goal is something I'm not going to force upon myself. However, I am going to try and post at least twice a week. If I post twice, then that's fine, if I post more than twice, then that's even better. If I don't post at all, the world isn't going to end. I'm not putting 'pressure' on myself with this, it's just something I'd like to give a try - if I can do this for a month straight, I'll be happy with that.
So there we have five little goals for me to work on in the next couple of months. I'm going to write all this down in my diary and make little plans for myself. I'll come back to this post in 3 months - so that's 16th February (THE WEEK BEFORE VEGAS, AH MAH GAHD) and see how far I've got and hopefully set myself some more goals!
I really feel motivated just by writing this post and it's something I urge everyone to have a go at, having something to aim for gives you the feeling of having a purpose and when I've been feeling the way I have, that is exactly what I need.
- Charli, xo