Friday 5 September 2014

Hello September



Reading // Right now, I am reading nothing. What?! I know. Instead, I will tell you what I read whilst I was away in Menorca. 

  • Divergent - Veronica Roth
  • Burned - P. C. Cast & Kristen Cast
  • A Fault in our Stars - John Green
Three very different books and I loved each one of them immensely. Burned is the seventh book from the House of Night series, which if you read these posts, you'll know I adore. Divergent is a series of three books and has also now been made into a film - which I watched this week and it is seriously good. A Fault in our Stars is a more realistic story which I'm sure most of you have also had the privilege of reading because of the hype surrounding it. This has also been made into a film which I am yet to watch.

Listening to // I made a playlist for Menorca that I still listen to every morning on the bus to work. It includes - 5 Seconds of Summer, Mayday Parade, B*Witched (I know), All Time Low, Ariana Grande, The Audition, The Cab, Ed Sheeran, One Direction and a whole lot more. So this month there isn't one single band or artist that I've taken interest in, just several different old and new favourites all stuck together in one giant place! 

Thinking about // Houses. Whilst on holiday, there was a lot of moving house, wedding and baby talk. Whilst all of these things seem so far away, it has got me thinking. I've now opened a new savings account with a standing order for each month. I am determined to have saved over £5000 by this time next year. Both Bear and I are both saving hard to get ourselves into a bigger house and 'settle down' as some may say. Exciting stuff! 

Loving // Not much. I'm not really bothered about anything at the moment. I've just come back off holiday, I'm straight back into work, I have no plans this month really, so I'm just plodding along! But that's okay, I'm getting some sort of strange thrill from not spending any money (I wonder how long that will last!) I guess I'm just loving life?

Watching // Teen Mom 2, still. True Blood, still. I am still loving Teen Mom 2, although the ones I set to record whilst I was away, have failed, sad face :( so I've missed two episodes. I'm now on season five of True Blood and I am still loving it 100%. I love sitting under the quilt with a hot chocolate and settling down to watch vampires, sex and violence. What more could a girl want on a Wednesday evening? 

Looking forward to // I have no plans this month, as I said above. So actually, I'm looking forward to having a really quiet month. I'm sure there will be meals out and a night out or two but I'm just really enjoying coming home, pottering about and spending time with Bear. What a boring girl I have become! I don't mind though, being boring is cheap ;) 

What are your plans for September?

- Charli, xo


5 comments:

  1. Pft, you have Palmers party to get excited about ;)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually can't believe its September. It was only January like two months ago I swear haha. Gutted you couldn't come to the meet up on Saturday, would of been lovely to meet you!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! And I'm gutted too :( I'm hoping I can get to one eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that'll be a good night :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently reading 3 books. I should probably stick to one at a time ...

    Maria.

    www.phentastic.com // Scandinavian fashion blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)