Wednesday 23 July 2014

Bada Bloom

Before we begin, I'd like to apologise for the picture quality of this post. I took these pictures on my iPhone in a moment of excitement as I didn't think my nails would turn out quite so pretty! Here goes; 



So I brought this in February and only just used it. I brought it in London when I went to Harry Potter World with the bear for Valentines weekend. I'd had my eye on it since it had come out but at £18 I just couldn't afford it. But then the beauty of Selfridges took hold of me and I spent way more money than I thought capable. Anyway, this is a Ciate Manicure Kit. I put off using this because my nails have been looking awful and I didn't want to waste the little flowers but now my nails are a little stronger and longer, I thought, why not?! 

The set comes with a mini polish in Ferris Wheel (which you can buy separately here) and a Speed Dry Top Coat (here) and two small pots of dried flowers. They are natural dried flowers, which I think is cool! You bascially apply two coats of Ferris Wheel, a coat of Speed Dry, place your flowers on and then cover with a second coat of Speed Dry.



I found that I could only use the 5-petal flowers, there were some others which you can see on the middle finger of the box design. I really struggled with these so rather than mess it up, I went for the easier flowers! I've had so little inspiration for my nails as of lately seeing as I'm on a spending ban and this has really cheered me up! I think my nails look bloody lovely! And it was soo much easier than I thought it would be. These flowers have lasted 3 days so far and are still going strong. This is my first ever Ciate set and I have to say.. I am seriously impressed!


Here's the end result :) I think my nails look right cute!

What do you guys think?!

- Charli, xo






14 comments:

  1. They are seriously cute nails! I love the fact that they are real flowers aswell. I've neglected my nails recently but you've inspired me to get them done tonight :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been neglecting mine too! Sadly I had a shower tonight (mum's power shower, ahhhh) and they flew off :( but they look amazing if you just want them for a night out!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh so so pretty!! I might have to try this out once Spring hits Australia! :)
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out the details over on my blog :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I have already done a few Liebster Awards so I won't be taking part in another but I'm honoured that you'd nominate me :)

      Delete
  3. Your nails look amazing!!! I need this kit! My nails are look rather lovely at the moment if I may say so myself (I think it's thanks to the WAH nails girl who shaped them for me) so I've been paying a lot more attention to them. Definitely need to give this ago. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss you do. I need to take more care of my nails! I moan that they're in bad condition but then I don't do anything with them! But having them pretty like this has inspired me to start taking more care!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this looks lovely. xx

    www.rainingcake.com,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo these are cute, my girls would love this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is :) I really enjoyed using it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was quite pricey at £18 but I think it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails look so cute!
    x

    saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh they look so pretty! I love pastel blue, especially on the nails :)

    Beauty
    Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)