Wednesday 11 December 2013

Sunshine Award.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you,
Please don't take my sunshine away.

 
Yesterday I found out I have been nomiated by the lovely Claire over at somewhere beyond the sea to participate in the 'Sunshine Award'. For those of you who are unsure what this is (as was I before yesterday) it's where you share a few random facts about yourself, answer a few questions that the blogger which nominated you has asked and then nominate others to do the same. I quite like the idea, I think it's a good way to meet new people! Which I'm always up for.
Okay, let's get on with it, shall we?
 
Here are my 11 random facts;
 
1) I work in a Pawnbrokers. And before you jump to conclusions, it is not a back alley shop. It's pretty much like the show 'Pawn Stars' except much posher and we only deal in jewellery.
 
2) I'm an avid list-maker. I write one at least once a day; jobs lists, to-do lists, to-buy lists, you name it. I work better that way.
 
3) I have THEE strangest dreams. And I'm not even exaggerating. It's got to the point where I don't tell people my dreams anymore because they will probably commit me.
 
4) TGIF's is my favourite restaurant ever, I would eat there every day if I was a millionaire.
 
5) If I was a millionaire I would; travel to every single place in the world, own every animal I have ever wanted, set up a rescue centre or have lots of land where my many cats could roam.
 
6) I mentioned travel; to travel is my major dream. To work abroad is my life goal. But I'm too scared to start that journey.
 
7) I regret nothing and I strongly believe every little thing happens for a reason.
 
8) I love Christmas.
 
9) December 31st is my anniversary with the man. 3 years this time.
 
10) When I move into my own house, my first purchase will be a Bosc Monitor lizard.
 
11) I moan that I'm lonely, but I would much rather sit in bed with a book than go out with my friends... Unless it's to TGIF.
 
Okay, so the next thing I'm supposed to do, is answer the questions Claire chose;
 
When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging around 3 months ago? I've attempted it twice before and failed within a week! I decided to try again as my BFF over at Sian Marie's Beauty Blog inspired me!
 
What's your No.1 blogging tip to new aspiring bloggers?
Be patient and don't think about things too much.
 
Favourite blog?
Oo, I change this all the time, but the first blog I ever started reading was a girl named Bicky who have become rather good friends with - Tastes Like Glitter
 
Favourite motivational quote?
'Failures are finger posts on the way to achievements.' - C. S. Lewis
 
Favourite Christmas tradition?
This year will be the first Christmas Eve that my sister and I have not spent in the same bed. Every year we would climb into my bed and talk until the early hours of the morning, but this year the man will be sleeping with me.
 
Your signature dish?
Okay, I don't cook. So I'm going to say spaghetti bolagnase. But I use Quorn, and I put cheese in the sauce :) mmm.
 
Biggest disaster in the kitchen?
Uhh, I haven't really had any? I tried to make a pasta bake once, it didn't work.
 
What artist/song are you currently listening to?
So I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan and currently I can't stop listening to all of her older albums.
 
Favourite person and why?
I'm discounting family from this because I would never be able to choose. So being the soppy soandso I am, my favourite person is the man. For the pure fact I am a God awful girlfriend and he's still here.
 
Addicted to?
Nail varnish. Spending money. Books. Chocolate. Cats. Ugly Betty.
 
Finish this sentence; On a regular Friday night, you will find me..
At my mum's house. I always stay home on a Friday night so I can get a lift to work on Saturday, cheeky cheeky! So the man comes with me, we sit and eat takeaway till we're too full to move and usually slap a film on.
 
 
Here are the 8 (sorry, I couldn't think of 11 that I thought would actually do it) people I am nominating to participate in the 'Sunshine Award';
 
Bonnie at The Life of Bon
Sophia at Tattooed Tealady
Hannah at Student Life
Amy-Louise at Making Our Own Way
 
And here are your questions;
 
Who is your favourite author and why?
What is your favourite book?
What was the happiest moment of your life, so far?
Who has been your biggest influence in your life?
What is your dream?
Where is your favourite place to be?
What's your favourite dessert?
If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
What did you always want to be when your grew up?
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
 
Annnnd finally, woah long post, the rules;
 
  • Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
  • List 11 bloggers
  • Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate and let them know they have been nominated

  • Well, I really enjoyed that guys! Thank you if you've read all the way to the end, sorry it was a bit of a long one!
     
    - Charli, xo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)