Sunday 3 November 2013

#BEDN - O.P.I Nail Envy

Oh my Lord, this product is a God send. If you have read previous nail posts on here, you'll know that from being 16 up until about 6 months ago, I was a dedicated falsie wearer. I had my nails done at least once a month and never, ever gave them a break. When I decided that I couldn't afford the habit, I had them taken off (okay, I ripped them off) and attempted to grow my ruined nails. Errrrrrm, no. It was not happening.

A friend of mine reccommended Sally Henson Nail Strengthener and another suggested O.P.I Nail Envy, both of which are usually around £18 in drug stores but I found them online for under £10. I opted for the O.P.I selection and it was honestly one of the best purchases I have ever made.

As you can imagine my nails were vile. They were constantly peeling, snapping, breaking, bending, you name it. They had been destroyed by 6 years of false nails. I was sceptical when I brought Nail Envy but it didn't take long for me to change my mind.
What you do is; apply two coats, then every other day for a week apply one coat, then after a week, start again. They say do it for about 4-6 weeks, but I literally noticed huge differences within a week. If you're not a fan of bare nails, you can also use this as a base coat under other varnishes, or even as a top coat.




After two to three weeks, my nails were the strongest they have ever been. They had stopped peeling, they had stopped breaking and I was no long ashamed of them. They grew so long that I was constantly having to file them down!

Unfortunately, I stopped using it for about 3 months and my nails started to break again and so I brought another bottle (I lost the previous one on holiday) and started again. I've been doing it for two weeks now and they're already looking brilliant.

If you're having nail troubles, I cannot recommend this product enough. It literally saved my nails and I will never go for another product knowing how amazing Nail Envy is. It also comes in a normal sized bottle, rather than a tiny one so it's excellent value for money.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think I need to get em some o this! Who needs to talk about light anyway ;)
    I'm taking part in #bedn too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, seriously! Ooo, what's your blog link?

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)