Thursday 17 October 2013

trylle trilogy - amanda hocking

It's been a while since I did a book review so I thought I'd share with you one of my all time favourite series. 

The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking is a set of 3 books (I bet you'd of never guessed that) released last year.

It is aimed at young adults so if that's not your thing, or if you're after something more sophisticated then this probably isn't for you.


Switched

When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers she is a changeling who was switched at birth. Now, she is about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that is both beautiful and frightening. 

Torn

Wendy knew her life would never be the same. Now she learns there is more to the story. She shares a closer connection to her Vittra rivals than she ever imagined. With the threat of war looming, her only hope of saving the Trylle is to master her magical powers and marry an equally powerful royal. Torn between her heart and her people, between love and duty, Wendy must decide her fate.

Ascend

Wendy is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself. If she doesn't surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe. Everything has been leading to this moment. The future of her entire world rests in her hands.


Basically, the Trylle are trolls. Pretty, beautiful, talented trolls. 

Trolls, you say? Now, I know what you're thinking, a book about trolls, what a load of trollop, (see what I did there?) but trust me, if you're a fantasy lover, you will adore this. It's basically Twilight but without the vampires and 10x better (in my opinion). It's not a literary masterpiece, full of fancy words and hidden meanings. It's supposed to be fun, light reading and it had me laughing, crying & wanting more, from the beginning.

 Wendy is not just the main character, there are a couple of others that go by the names of Finn, Loki & Tove, (awesome names if I might mention). Now, I have an awful habit of falling in love with fictional characters and as soon as Loki came on the scene, Lord I was hooked. 

I'm not going to give anything else away as I think the blurbs say just enough and the joy of reading this series is all about discovering - along with Wendy - what the hell is going on. 
Overall, it's a brilliant series, one that I could read over and over and still get lost in their world every time.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)