Thursday 3 October 2013

what's in my bag? - lip wear.

I'm going through a phase at the moment, of wanting every lip product.
I've said before that up until recently I have been a MAC lipstick worshipper - and I still am, but my horizons have broadened, thanks to the world of YouTube and blogging!
 
Being new to the beauty realm, I haven't really tried many of the 'drugstore' brands such as Maybelline, Max Factor or Revlon, but recent purchases have caused me to become even more intrigued and addicted to this new world of make-up.

 
 
From left to right, currently in my bag;
 
MAC - Snob
MAC - £14.99
 
Oh Lord, I love this colour. In fact, I'm almost out so I must go and buy some more. This was one of my first MAC purchases and I have adored it ever since. For me, it's quite a bright pink, even though it's pale, if that makes any sense whatsoever? It stays on pretty much all day, with only a couple of re-applications. It's perfect for a day at work, a day at University but also for nights out. I pretty much wear this all the time. It also smells incredible.

MAC - Russian Red
MAC - £14.99
 
I am a serious newbie to red lipsticks. I'd normally never dare to attempt to wear a lipstick this dark, which it is dark, compared to other MAC reds, I'd say it's one of the darkest. But I had nothing to lose, other than £14.99, so I went for it. And I'm glad I did! It goes on lovely, it smells lovely, but I do find myself re-applying constantly, as because it's so dark, it's very easy to see when it starts to fade. I sometimes find that this particular lipstick feels very thick on my lips, like I'm wearing a lot when really I've only applied a thin layer. Still one of my favourite purchases.

MAC - Viva La Glam - Lady Gaga
MAC - £14.99

This lipstick smells beautiful. I haven't been wearing it as much lately as I keep going for the more vibrant colours, but it's still a firm favourite in my bag. It's very nude and when I'm too pale it does make me look really pale, but once I've got myself a bit of a tan, it looks acceptable.
 
Maybelline Baby Lips - Pink Punch
Tesco - £2.99
 
I'm also reviewing this in another post, so keep your eyes peeled. Lovely soft colour, just right for a casual day at the office and everyday wear. I will definitely be purchasing other colours.
 
(Another product that isn't in the picture as I've stupidly lost it :( is) -

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon - Fuchsia Libre
Boots - £7.99
 
I am actually currently reviewing this as you'll soon see, but this is now a must have in my bag. It's bright, it stains your lips meaning few re-applications & I assumed it would feel lip a lipstick crayon, whereas it goes on feeling glossy & dries feeling as if you have nothing on. Love it.
 
And there you have it, my 5 favourite lip products at the moment. I'd love to know what products you guys have been testing, I'm always looking for new lip wear!
 
What's your favourite?
 
- Charli, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :) Check back as I reply to every single one! (I'm just a bit slow)